lunes, 6 de agosto de 2012

A Hat In Madrid


 
Hey girls! How was your weekend? I went to Madrid to visit some friends from childhood. It was a spectacular day although perhaps spurred on by the hot sun of early August, but still had a great time between memories and news! That is the reason why I’m wearing a hat and so it gives that special bohemian touch I love.

¡Hola chicas! ¿Qué tal ha ido el fin de semana? Yo me fui a Madrid a pasar el día y ya de paso a visitar a unos amigos de la infancia. Hizo un día espectacular aunque quizá bastante acuciado por el tórrido sol de principios de agosto, pero aun así lo pasamos genial entre recuerdos y novedades! Por ese motivo doté a mi look de un sombrero que le da ese toque especial e incluso bohemio.



We went to see the Thyssen Museum because I love art. Each painting gives me something unique and special that cannot explain, I love to fantasize about what might be thinking the painter at the time it made its creation and for me it's a luxury to enjoy something so unique, we are very lucky to admire something as amazing and wonderful as these pieces of art are. Particularly, I love artists like Monet, Berthe Morisot, Pissarro, or even the Spanish Joaquin Soroya, but of course it is proper of each one, because it is said that there are as many tastes as colors! Their works transmit me sweetness and the smooth shapes, the silhouettes lightly marked by multiple brushstrokes and the predominance of pure colors give me a feeling of serenity and slight imperfection in the absolute perfection of these works of art.

Aprovechando el día fuimos a ver el museo Thyssen, ya que me encanta la pintura. Cada uno de los cuadros me transmite algo único y especial que no puede explicar, me encanta fantasear sobre lo que podría estar pensando el pintor en el momento en que hizo su creación y para mí es un lujo poder disfrutar de algo tan singular, tenemos mucha suerte de poder admirar algo tan maravilloso y único como son estas piezas de arte. A mi particularmente me encanta artistas como Monet, Berthe Morisot, Pissarro, e incluso el español Joaquín Soroya, pero claro eso es algo propio de cada uno, porque bien es dicho que para gustos los colores!! Sus obras me transmiten mucha dulzura y suavidad de formas, las siluetas poco marcadas por múltiples pinceladas y el predominio de colores puros me aportan una sensación de serenidad y ligera imperfección dentro del perfeccionismo absoluto de estas obras de arte.


With my friend Carol! / Con mi amiga Carol.

These days, there’s an exhibition in this museum dedicated to Edward Hopper works with the contribution from the best museums in the United States, including the MoMA and the Metropolitan Museum in New York. This exhibition is essentially divided into two parts, the first covers the formative period of the artist, oil paintings, drawings, prints and watercolors and the second corresponds to its maturity. He is one of the most important realist painters on the American scene who manages to catch the viewer through a sophisticated play of lights and geometric shapes. What strikes me enough attention is that the scenes are mostly deserted, except for the appearance of one or two characters at the most, which conveys a strong sense of loneliness. I encourage you to visit, I liked it! And the truth is that it never hurts to learn some new culture.
Estos días se expone en este museo una exposición dedicada a Edward Hopper con aportación de obras de los museos más destacados de Estados Unidos, entre ellos el MoMA y el Metropolitan Museum de Nueva York. Esta exposición se divide en dos partes fundamentalmente, el primero recorre el periodo de formación del artista, con óleos, dibujos, grabados y acuarelas y el segundo corresponde a su etapa de madurez. Se trata de uno de los pintores realistas más importantes en la escena estadounidense que consigue atrapar al espectador mediante un sofisticado juego de luces y formas geométricas. Lo que me llama bastante la atención es que las escenas representadas son en su mayoría desiertas, a excepción de la aparición de uno o dos personajes como máximo, lo cual transmite un fuerte sentimiento de soledad. ¡Os animo a visitarla, a mí me gustó mucho! Y la verdad es que nunca viene mal aprender algo de cultura.


 
And of course knowing me could not spend all day with my feet in a museum, so I decided to give that touch of fashion that never fails and finally visited a shop that I really wanted to see. But I'll tell you that the next day because it really deserves a whole post, I promise! And so I have you intrigued :)
Y como no conociéndome no podía pasar todo el día con los pies dentro de un museo, sino que decidí de dar ese toque de moda que nunca falta y por fin visité una tiendecita que tenía muchas ganas de ver. Pero eso os lo contaré el próximo día porque de verdad que se merece un post entero, lo prometo! Y además así os tengo intrigadas :)
I am very grateful that you read our blog; you don’t know how much it means to me. Enjoy the week!
Os agradezco mucho que nos leáis, no sabéis lo mucho que significa para mí. ¡Disfrutad de la semana!





xoxo.A

Shirt: Zara (ss 12)
Shorts: American Eagle (old) 
Sandals: Coolway (old)
Belt: Amy Gee (ss 12)
Bag: H&M (ss 11)
Rings: Pandora

19 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

Love the outfit! I ve been to Madrid and love the city...it's amazing!

http://so-st-yle.com/

An-An dijo...

your outfit looks super comfy and cute! perfect for the summer time! :)

anansays.blogspot.com
x

Unknown dijo...

¡Estas guapísima! :)

Disturbed Style dijo...

Amazing outfit and photos! I love it :)

Unknown dijo...

thank you for your comment!
I have followed your blog.
would love it if you could follow back!
keep in touch hun
lovee xoxox

Ivy dijo...

beautiful outfit and photos, thanks for leaving comment on my blog :)

Unknown dijo...

beautiful hat and flats.
http://www.trendsection.blogspot.com

Unknown dijo...

Hey, Thanks for visiting my blog! Love your style!!!!!!
Maybe we can follow each other? :)

www.fashionaddict09.blogspot.be

xxx love

Jenny dijo...

Hola! Linda las fotos y el outfit! Gracias por visitarme y dejarme un comentario, las estaré siguiendo en GFC!

Jenny
http://www.jensoutfitjournal.com/

welcome to my jungle dijo...

Sounds like an amazing time! Madrid is awesome.

Thanks for leaving a comment up on my blog! Wish you great success and fun with yours.

Visit me again,

Dani

Nici dijo...

I really like your outfit!

Vale ♥ dijo...

Your look is perfect, lovely hat =)

Fashion and Cookies
If you want we could follow each other on gfc, bloglovin and facebook !
Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
Follow me on Bloglovin
Twitter

ika dijo...

OLA! I love you blog and Madrid is a very nice place! I really really love your bag and hat! where did you buy them? Hope to see more post from you! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be following your blog! Hope you can follow mine too! Thanks!

feigninsanity.blogspot.com

Lina's Style dijo...

Gorgeous photos, plus loving your casual outfit!!

http://linastyle.blogspot.com/

Xenia Olivia dijo...

Hi A! Thanks for your comment!! I'm now following you both on GFC and Bloglovin' and I'd love it if you could follow me on Bloglovin' :))) Lovely blog btw.
Besitos, Olivia
http://0liviaschoice.blogspot.com

martaperea dijo...

ami tambien me gusta mucho visitar museos, pero em acabo cansando! te sigo por GFC(:

http://ourclosetforyou.blogspot.com/

Anónimo dijo...

Me encanta el look para pasear por Madrid, muy urbanita!!!
;) muuac!!

Unknown dijo...

Very beautiful and very intresting blog. U doing a great job here. Of course I would love to follow you, girls. Follow via GFC and Bloglovin. Hope u can follow me on both of them.

Kisses,


www.nicoleta.me

My secret shopping dijo...

El sombrero te sienta fenomenal!

http://mysecretshopping.blogspot.com.es/